Sign in to follow this  
efirty

Brake lining wear?

Hi there,

Driving home from my mates house this evening, i noticed that a warning light on the dash was flickering on and off. Checked in the owners manual and found that it was the 'brake lining wear' light. I didn't notice anything different in the braking after noticing the warning light

What does this mean?

Today we painted and sanded down my rims, could it be something to do with this?? Paint or maybe degreaser on the rotor or pad??

means that your brake pads somewhere along the line are worn to the point where metal is hitting metal and connecting hte circuit to the brakepad lining sensor. This means that your pads may need to be changed.

Mine sometimes flickers on and off, I was told by my mechanic that the pads are fine, its just they are not OEM brand ones and dont bed properly but is nothing to worry about. Have them checked sometime.

means that your brake pads somewhere along the line are worn to the point where metal is hitting metal and connecting hte circuit to the brakepad lining sensor. This means that your pads may need to be changed.

Mine sometimes flickers on and off, I was told by my mechanic that the pads are fine, its just they are not OEM brand ones and dont bed properly but is nothing to worry about. Have them checked sometime.

Ok cool thanks for that. I think i might be in the same situation as you then, considering my rotors and pads have travelled less than 3,000km and i dont think the pads are OEM branded ones either.

But in saying this i will get them checked out.

More likely to be a broken wire in the sensors circuit - L/H front & R/H rear wheels, typical to break in the wiring plugs on the strut on the front or the backing plate at the rear. It is a closed loop circuit back to the dash that when broken - trips the light on.

These are very fine wires -check for a break behind each side of the plugs. This assuming obviously that the pads are ok.

Can supply replacement wiring plugs if you confirm as that