Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Fine for running a red light

Hello

I must have been in Auckland long enough to be considered an Auckland driver. This morning I got stopped for running a red light (which I fully admit to doing).

I took the risk when it was orange, and it turned red as I was going through, so I deserved the ticket.

It is a good revenue gathering exercise though, as while I was stopped and was being given the ticket, they also had about 6 or 7 other people stopped too, all getting tickets for the same thing.

At $150 a pop, I say it was a profitable morning for the NZ Police. I would like to know how many people got tickets in this exercise (along with the no WOF's, regos etc that were picked up at the same time).

Never mind, I took the risk, and paid the price.

Cheers

as a moderator on this site you should be ashamed of yourself! running a red light.... knowing that you were taking the risk running it, but doing it anyway! JESUS!!!

hahaha nah sorry grant - i had to add that, its just random, and the start of my weekend, so im in the mood to stir sh*t! gutted about your ticket, but as you said, you took a risk and it didnt pay off, be thankful it was a cop and not some speeding truck! :D

Edited by Napier_E36

Guest Spargo

Jesus, consider yourself damn lucky!

Sidenote: restricted licence with 3 fulls in the car. There was another restricted in the passenger seat, but overall, i'd say we had about 12 years worth of driving experience in the car, just between the ppl with fulls.

Once when I was young (okay, a month ago), a friend crusied though a yellow, no time to stop etc etc. Was pulled over:

Threatened with: loss of licence for: after 10, not a full in the jump seat, and speeding!

Actually got: 150 fine for running the yellow, but only after i took the cop by the arm and pointed out how many fulls were in the car etc etc.

Looking back, we were lucky to get away with $150 fine, and about $1200 was waived with a warning. They also said that we weren't speeding, merely a ruse to scare us into confessing, and that we should have a good nite. So i jump in the front, and away we go. Tossers.

:angry:

So they gave us 150 fine for running a yellow, and you got the same for running a red? Sometimes there's no justice.

i got pinged on christmas for "failing to stop at a stop sign" albeit i was travelling at .5kmh i never completely stopped so the cop (only f**k on the road who i could see coming along to my right...wellllll clear so i pulled out thinking sweet as..... DUN DUN!!@#! disco lights spark up , im like WTF!!!@!(*)(__+((&!^.... then the f**ker even pulled the "marry christmas" to me so i slapped back "f**k you" man it was sweet and he couldnt do sh*t

i slapped back "f**k you" man it was sweet and he couldnt do sh*t

i did the same to the cops when they pulled me up in my own driveway - they said that i accelerated too fast - i laughed at them and said it was a 325 with a slush box - acceleration could never happen fast enough in it! They said they were going to take my car, and i aruged like hell. Anyway, they "warned" me - for what, im not sure.

Anyways, I live on a gravel driveway, so I jumped back into my car, and floored it. They had parked across my driveway, blocking it, so they got their piggie wagon covered in stones. I hooked left and slid it out, then backed it down to the shed. The cops had left by then, but it gets better - 2 weeks later I went to see my mate at greenmeadows panel repair, to get a quote on getting my guard straightened out (from where my front wheel pulled it down) and what do I see? the same cop car, getting its left hand side re-done... (my mate said it had paint damage and a few dents in the doors, obviously made by stones being flung up at it!) All I can say is... GOOD sh*t! :D