Sign in to follow this  
ttes003

BMW E30 325i Coupe

1986, NZ New (2 owners), 2 door, regd and new WOF, great car for age, no modifications, urgent sale. $2995. ph or txt 021 263 4450. Car located in Parnell, I have changed the old black number plates to new fresh ones

post-1766-1174432945_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1174433162_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1174433215_thumb.jpg

Will i think its auto done around 220k, if its the same one im thinking of

Power-steering? Standard sounds? Still got that badass black plate? [How did you change, new altogether, or just updated same numers?]

Doesn't changing the original NZ New plates detract from the value of the car?

Yes, original NZ new plate = hot

If you only updated, I hope you filed a false police claim and kept your oldies!

[The front plate actually looked really good though the numbers on the rear plate looked pretty weathered, so I took them in to a post office, paid them same cash and got some new plates! As can be seeen on the photos, the old number plate was MT940 for those interested

The original plates are definitely a keeper for anyone interested in either restoring or keeping their car original. Its probably not a big deal as the e30 at the moment is only just collectible - and that's arguable. But in the future good E30's will become rare and to have a good one with the original plates (whether they be black or white) will add to the car, if not in value, at least in attractiveness to the collector (all things being equal).