Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

e30 Central Locking

I know this has been covered before but i did a search and couldn't really find what i needed.

When i turn the key in my door it doesn't feel like its clicking over and thus my central locking doesn't work. It has auniden alarm that i used to use to unlock/lock the car until that started working.

My questions rae, what would be the best place to take my car to get it fixed? Would Jeff Gray be able to fix it? Or would i be best to get a new alarm and use that as central locking.

Or is my central locking module f**ked and how much are these to replace?

Cheers Mavrick

I know this has been covered before but i did a search and couldn't really find what i needed.

When i turn the key in my door it doesn't feel like its clicking over and thus my central locking doesn't work. It has auniden alarm that i used to use to unlock/lock the car until that started working.

My questions rae, what would be the best place to take my car to get it fixed? Would Jeff Gray be able to fix it? Or would i be best to get a new alarm and use that as central locking.

Or is my central locking module f**ked and how much are these to replace?

Cheers Mavrick

central locking modules are tipicaly just two relays with some simple circuts around them if you find the module and take the plastic cover off i would say fixing it would be as simple as soldering a wire to each side of the broken track.

if your not keen to attempt it your self any auto sparky would sort it in under an hour so it shouldnt cost you the earth.

hey man. if the solinoids (cant spell) are fuct then i think they are around $250 each and i think the actuator is around $400 from memory. i had to replace the solinoids in all 4 doors and the actuator in my bimmer. all the doors were deadlocked except the drivers door and i had to take the door cards off all the doors with them shut. $800 in labour

hopfully your problem isn't as bad as mine

Take it to an auto sparky - should be easy for them to diagnose, if you require parts -solenoids/control module - I can help

i have door solinoids, and module for e30 if you need them

Sweet thanks for the help. Will take it to an auto sparky today and see what the problem is.

Cheers Mavrick