Sign in to follow this  
Mark Babb

Manual Gearbox for E30

Started discusing this subject elsewhere, however i still need a little help in clarifying a couple of points.

I need to source a manual 240 Gertrag for a FL 320. Cannot use the 260 box due to incorrect ratios.(race series)

I assumed a 240 box was the same whether it was fitted to a 318/320 or Pre FL or FL, however it has been indicated that this may not necessarily be correct.

Therefore what should i look for or how can i tell which 240 box will fit a FL 320? I am aware that some of the earlier boxes had holes for the sensor however i believe this is irrelevant as the sensor on my car is on the engine ?

Any advise is really appreciated as manual boxes seem to be $500 plus these days and i do not wish to waste money in getting the wrong type.

Thanks

Mark

According to the bible you need a 240 BMS, MB, or BMT. The gearbox number is stamped into the casing at the front edge of the bellhousing. The number is just a serial number, it is the letters on the end in which you are interested. These 3 sets of letters, either BMS, MB, or BMT, indicate it is from a 320i. Hope this helps.

According to the bible you need a 240 BMS, MB, or BMT. The gearbox number is stamped into the casing at the front edge of the bellhousing. The number is just a serial number, it is the letters on the end in which you are interested. These 3 sets of letters, either BMS, MB, or BMT, indicate it is from a 320i. Hope this helps.

Thank you Dave for taking the time to look this up, really appreciated

Mark