Sign in to follow this  
tehBMWn00p

Watermarks.

Basic window cleaner from the supermarket and elbow grease I wouldve thought....or are we talking about monster water marks ?

electric buffer and some sort of very light polish...

Any recommendations of products to remove watermarks on windows?

Thanks, Cliff

There's a really good product you can get at Mitre 10 for this.

It comes in a yellow box (if I recall correctly) and has some paste stuff and a special cleaning pad and instructions in the box. There is also a separate 'protector' product made by the same company that you use to prevent water marks reappearing. I use both products and they do work, but the watermark removal product does take a bit of effort. I have not found any other product that works nearly as well though.

Sorry, I don't have the name of the stuff handy. But Mitre 10 staff should be able to help you to if you go in and ask. Failing that, keep reminding me and when I'm at home I'll check out the packaging and fill you in.

BTW, it's good stuff for the missus to use on glass shower doors too!

Cheers

Paul

Yeah, it's designed for showers etc, works the same as jewellers rouge, a very fine dry powder you mix with water to form a paste and it does the same as a cutting compound on your car. Works well with a polishing machine as well.

The shower stuff works and you can also buy glass polish from BMW dealers.

BMW part number: 83 12 0 009 881

Yeah, it's designed for showers etc, works the same as jewellers rouge, a very fine dry powder you mix with water to form a paste and it does the same as a cutting compound on your car. Works well with a polishing machine as well.

Yip, that sounds like the stuff 'Silver Fox'.

P

Hey, well thanks for your replies all of you. Didn't expect much of a response so I'm overwhelmed by all your input on this matter.

C.

I can reccomend a product we use, Called "Malco Waterspot Remover" Available from Pacer Car Clean Products - We occasionally use it on severe acid rain fresh imports (normally the paint's stuffed too). You have to ensure the windows are clean of any residue or any other debris. Follow the instructions on the packet, It is _very_ easy to scratch the glass with it, So unless your windows are very bad it might be more hassle to do them at risk of damage as opposed to being able to bare with them. Occasionally a light cutting compound on a soft buff pad will take them out.

BTW, it's good stuff for the missus to use on glass shower doors too!

Cheers

Paul

Far!! Y dnt you clean your own f**kin shower! u use it 2 dont you????

But if you let the men do the cleaning its never as good or not up to our standards, it ends up having to be cleaned twice wasting his time, when he could be either mowing the lawn or hanging out the washing.

But if you let the men do the cleaning its never as good or not up to our standards, it ends up having to be cleaned twice wasting his time, when he could be either mowing the lawn or hanging out the washing.

Which should again, also be left to the woman of the house. BBQs and power tools should be left to the men ;D