Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

buzzing noises

This doesent really bother me or affect me too much... but im still curious sounds electrical, low pitch and is about 1 decibel in sound, you forget about it after 5 minutes and dont even notice when the stereo is on, its a constant droning type buzz, as I said low pitch and low in volume, comes from inside dash, lower dash maybe...

Any ideas??? just curious.

I get something similar too, it only happens when I'm turning a tight corner while the engine its cold or well thats the only time it happens. Its more of a high pitched squel but doesnt sound like its comming from the engine or anything it sounds like its comming from in the stereo but I have tried turning off the radio to see it it stops aswell but it doesnt. It only lasts for like 2 mins tops so its no biggy. But would be good to find out what the problem is.

Sorry to hijack your thread man but they seem like similar problems

hey, yeah it's very similar it sounds like it's coming from the stereo as well, that's what i meant by in dash umm it does go away but I can't tell if it's me not hearing it anymore or if it's gone apart from pitch it sounds like the same type of problem.

cheers!

just trying to rule out one problem I've come across,

your sure its coming from the centre console region and not coming from the Passenger side kick panel is it ?

could be something to do with the CLCU or a solenoid not making proper contacts.

Are any of your electrics playing up? Windows, CL etc?

There is a small motor inside your blower/ aircon unit that can be noisy. One of my e30's has this problem but I havn't got round to fixing it yet as it is a relatively big job to get to it and not worth the hassle in most cases imo.. (but I will fix it sometime hahaha)

all electrics are working fine, definately coming from centre, it SOUNDS like its behind the temperature rotational switch, and changes pitch when i turn on the fan, the higher the setting the lower the pitch goes... but in saying that all electrics work sweet as.

Edited by QuickSilver

all electrics are working fine, definately coming from centre, it SOUNDS like its behind the temperature rotational switch, and changes pitch when i turn on the fan, the higher the setting the lower the pitch goes... but in saying that all electrics work sweet as.

that is the motor I am talking about, it is part of the switch, bugger to get to and all it does is suck air in so it can judge how cold the cabin temp is.. just turn the stereo louder!!

ah, that would make sense, cheers for that! as I said it didnt bother me really just curious,

Cheers! lol its always up loud!!!