Sign in to follow this  
l1ttle_d3vil

approx value of 3s bmw?

hey there,

not sure if this is the right forum or not...hope so :P

just wanting a rough estimate on what a 1987 3 series bmw would be worth. 2 litre 6 cylinder, manual, lowered on chrome g-zeros, springs all captive and legit. 2nd engine has been put in but has only done 90,000km. haven't seen the car myself, but say its tidy and based on the above info, what would it roughly be worth?? I know nothing about these cars...

cheers.

2dr or 4 dr, sunroof or not, power steering or manual? cheers.

Exterior / interior condition, tyre tread, rust, wof/reg, owners and sounds.

yes, it has power steering.

as for the interior/exterior/tyres/rust etc etc:

haven't seen the car myself, but say its tidy and based on the above info, what would it roughly be worth??

i am not after a valuation down to the dollar, just a rough estimate. $1500, or $4000? cant find any on trademe or anything to get a rough idea from...

thanks.

i bought mine for $2.6 good condition, 132 thou k's next to no rust, power steering, 4dr sunroof, good interior, couple marks on exterior,

Manual is rarer to find, but people will be wary of second engine put in (human nature) springs and mags will attract less of a general public IE springs and mags will attract more younger people that want a readily done up car, if it were standard it would attract a whole lot more people (IN MY OPINION, feel free to shoot me down) like collectors and people who wish to restore cars,

But if its mint, manual and overall good condition.. im gonna take a stab in the dark and taking into account the mods.. id say round $4000???

yes reliable, but old cars break more than newer cars, always remember that, be prepared to fix things if need be... its almost innevitable and there has been work done on the car, so therefore it isnt standard anymore, check it all out before you make a decision,

Edited by QuickSilver