Sign in to follow this  
basildogz

IAT (intake airflow temperature) chips

hi guys :D

i just recently brought a IAT chip , it like improves the airflow and pushes more power thru i think,

has anyone installed one of these on your beemer? :P

any negative effects?

the claims seem to be a bit boogis claiming a 28 - 43 hp boost. :o

check it out, ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racing-Mod-...118727502QQrdZ1

well, going to get it installed, i will keep you guys posted on the gains i get, if any. hahaha :rolleyes:

djbasildogz :huh:

i completely agree.

I dont see how this would work. By controlling IAT output you could have some ability to controll mixture, but not timing.

As you enlean the mixture, it burns faster, so that kinda gives you effect of more timing. However enleaning mixture at WOT creates massive exhaust gas temps which will melt something eventually. stated hp gains are BS, because they dont tell you on what engine it was achieved and what was original tune. I agree if original tune was running pig rich then leaning it out to optimum will create 30 hp. Dont expect any gains on engine which is already tuned at optimum.

As with all those *magic* go-fast bits I'd say it's gonna do squat, unless proven otherwise by dyno graphs. And for that particular deviece I would like to see EGT and AFR graph along the duyo chart - before and after.