Sign in to follow this  
BMRBOI

rebuild help info.

Hey guys well my engine has had it I think. Its time to find a new engine or rebuild the one I currently have. Im thinking about future plans on the bmw (turbo charging it ) if I went and rebuilt the engine what are cheap mods? Should I full rebuild it or just get new piston rings and hone the bore? How can I lower the compression without getting new pistons. Im going to run low boost not looking for something insane!! Would the standard engine handle 6-10psi? Can I use different conrods to lower compression? Also how do the injectors and fuel pump hold up factory, also whats the airflow meter like? Cheers any help would be most grateful.

might help if you mention what engine?

might help if you mention what engine?

oh opps sorry guys its a m50 non- vanos 2.5l engine

your best bet is stripp the engine down and take it to a reconditioners. they will asess it and pressue/crack test it and tell you exactly what needs doing and what it will cost. if your going to get it rebuilt theres no point in just doing half a job and jus doing rings. you want to go full monty so you dont have to do it again in a years time. if you skimm the pistons you can lower compression that way. if you want extra hp your best bet is intake and exhaust systems maby a chip. but you are conteracting yourself by lowering the compression if you are not going to run boost straight away. im not sure about your motor but most bmw motors can run up to about 12psi safely although this will increase the wear of the engine. also you will have to find out if running boost will be aloud by your ecu

If your engine has been cooked, chuck a used one at your car & keep driving it. If you need a used one, there is a wrecker in TGA with a M50B25 for sale

do you have a budget in mind? Also what is actually wrong with your 2.5 engine?

buget not yet just wanting prices or other peoples rebuild prices. more info i can get the more it helps thats all.

If your engine has been cooked, chuck a used one at your car & keep driving it. If you need a used one, there is a wrecker in TGA with a M50B25 for sale

the engine is still driveable but it has done high ks and is showing its age. If i was to turbo it im sure itl wouldnt last though the week. Whats the contact for the wrecker? cheers

buget not yet just wanting prices or other peoples rebuild prices. more info i can get the more it helps thats all.

engine has done its ks although i have rebuildt the head recently. just wouldnt last very long if it was turbo'd