Sign in to follow this  
Brennan

Getrag 260

hi guys im looking for a getrag 260 with all/most of the parts for a conversion in my 87 (motronic 1.3. saw a thread about different sensors or something) pref/l 325i. Preferably in the hamilton area but i can pickup up in auckland perhaps or an equivalent distance. But if youve got anything anywhere else id be interested depending on how much it would cost to ship. cheers for any help :)

hi guys im looking for a getrag 260 with all/most of the parts for a conversion in my 87 (motronic 1.3. saw a thread about different sensors or something) pref/l 325i. Preferably in the hamilton area but i can pickup up in auckland perhaps or an equivalent distance. But if youve got anything anywhere else id be interested depending on how much it would cost to ship. cheers for any help :)

Your '87 should have 1.1 which has sensors on the bellhousing, best check that out before you buy a box.

Will

i had a look today and i saw two medium thick wires going to into two raised cirlces on the left hand side of the box. i take it those are sensors?

i rechecked the ECU too which i thought was 173 (hence motronic 1.3) and it was infact 0 261 200 073.

so do i have to get an '87 box? might make it a bit tricky

thanks

Yes, you will need a box that has the mounting holes for those sensors.