Sign in to follow this  
Matty

Transferring to NZ Licence

subieboy..how do you have 3 passports? i looked into getting my SA one too ages ago, and isnt there some problem with holding multiple other passports?

So far none of you appear to be New Zealanders holding dual citizenship. NZ will let others hold dual citizenship.

This is straight from the internal affairs web-site and quite clearly shows the ability to hold more than 1 passport if required.

(f)Where 2 or more valid New Zealand passports are in existence in respect of the holder and there is no longer any sufficient reason why that should continue to be the case.

OK, edit for correction.

I am wrong, NZ will now let you hold dual citizenship.

Dual Citizenship

As far as New Zealand is concerned there is no restriction on acquiring the citizenship of another country (such as Britain) as well as retaining your New Zealand citizenship. Consequently, you may hold a passport of that other country in addition to your New Zealand passport. Having dual citizenship would not cause you to lose any rights as a New Zealand citizen, although when you return to New Zealand you must use your New Zealand passport or your British one must have a valid permit to enter New Zealand.

Edited by Cain

Well I did the test today, passed 33/35 :)

Example: What is the maximum distance any item is allowed to overhang your trailer? I think your allowed to get three wrong out of 35-40 questions.

...and this was one of the two I got wrong :rolleyes: even read it on the road code website, a couple of weeks ago though...