Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Engine Blocks

Hey guys, i have a similar question to antonys post except i am wanting to know if a new M50 head or any BMW straight 6 DOHC head is compatible with the older E30 straight 6 engine blocks?

I know that with nissan/holden straight 6 blocks that the older rb30 blocks with SOHC blocks are compatible with newer rb25/26 heads etc..

Im wondering also in the end if I were to put a newer DOHC head on an E30 straight 6 block that it will still end up being around the same cost to get it running as if I were to put a M50 motor into my E30...

Any help much appreciated guys

Cheers, Luke

Even if they bolt on you will have a costly exercise to convert you M20 block/crank etc to chain drive. Just put a twin cam motor in and be done with it.

There were some DOHC heads made for the m20, only about 2 of them were ever made and then the castings were destroyed apparntly. Ill try find the link maybe.

There were some DOHC heads made for the m20, only about 2 of them were ever made and then the castings were destroyed apparntly. Ill try find the link maybe.

thats interesting...wonder why...similar case with BMW M8s~