Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

6 series racer.

Hey guys, I dont know exact details yet, but I was after some info, my mates step dad is selling a car which has been parked behind his house for YEAARRSS, I dont know exactly, but i know its a 6 series, i THINK its a m635 if this exists??? I dunno, anyways, its manual has a v6 (apparently) and is just bout to go up for sale, does this sound familiar to anyone?? im going to visit him and have a look tomorrow so i'll post up pics and exact details, apparently it was an ex race car and is some sort of a rarity????

Cheers.

Edited by QuickSilver

Hey guys, I dont know exact details yet, but I was after some info, my mates step dad is selling a car which has been parked behind his house for YEAARRSS, I dont know exactly, but i know its a 6 series, i THINK its a m635 if this exists??? I dunno, anyways, its manual has a v6 (apparently) and is just bout to go up for sale, does this sound familiar to anyone?? im going to visit him and have a look tomorrow so i'll post up pics and exact details, apparently it was an ex race car and is some sort of a rarity????

Cheers.

if it is a m635 it wont have a v6 thats 4 sure unless its been converted, i dont think bmw evan made a v6

So i went and had a look today, It is a:

Golden

2 door

635CSi

e28

I believe, i do not know whether it is motosport but I DO know that they exist,

Id didnt have a motorsport badge lol as I wasnt able to inspect the car very closely,

What are these bad boys worth?

Guest Ken

So i went and had a look today, It is a:

Golden

2 door

635CSi

e28

I believe, i do not know whether it is motosport but I DO know that they exist,

Id didnt have a motorsport badge lol as I wasnt able to inspect the car very closely,

What are these bad boys worth?

Depends depends depends. Sounds like it's a fairly "vanilla" 635 (E24 btw). The M6s (sometimes badged as M635) are very different animals, are rare and don't often come up for sale. Easiest thing is to check the engine as the M6s had the M88 twincam.

If your dad's car has a leather interior, the sports seat (has distinctive front-bolster adjustment) is the more desireable. Manual is good. Rust prevention wasn't the best on earlier models so a thorough check is warranted. Clearly, with an older car condition and maintenance history will be prime factors in a sale. Typically on Trademe you see them range from $5k to $15k ($25k+ for a genuine M6).

HTH - Would be nice to see some pics sometime.

Cheers

Ken.

Depends depends depends. Sounds like it's a fairly "vanilla" 635 (E24 btw). The M6s (sometimes badged as M635) are very different animals, are rare and don't often come up for sale. Easiest thing is to check the engine as the M6s had the M88 twincam.

If your dad's car has a leather interior, the sports seat (has distinctive front-bolster adjustment) is the more desireable. Manual is good. Rust prevention wasn't the best on earlier models so a thorough check is warranted. Clearly, with an older car condition and maintenance history will be prime factors in a sale. Typically on Trademe you see them range from $5k to $15k ($25k+ for a genuine M6).

HTH - Would be nice to see some pics sometime.

Cheers

Ken.

cheers, my mistake about the e28 bit, its not leather, but the interior seats etc look very sporty, resembling the bucket type seats, oh and its not my dad, its a mates step dad, this car has been sitting outside his house id say for the best part of 3 years, this car is rusting, as far as I could see its bubbling up quite a bit around the place, however this car runs VERY well, it has 122,000 km's on the clock (unless its in miles which it could be) although thats irrelevant, its definately a golden shade in colour, i couldnt get under the bonnet because the keys are stored away somewhere which is thoroughly annoying, im trying to get pix as we speak sent to me, I realise what im giving isnt alot of info but the info im getting is so limited and i cant even get inside the dam car :'(

Im trying to figure out what exactly what it is, if the badge is 635csi, how likely is it that its a motorsport??

I also want to give them an estimation of value, at the moment the body is not too pretty, with the rust popping up, because of lack of care, these guys have no idea about cars, let alone about bmw's, it was given to them at one stage and driven for a week or so and left to sit,

ill post fotos asap.

Edited by QuickSilver

Brent had an auto 635i that he was trying to sell not long ago, I think it wasnt running so great and maybe had the odd piece of rust, was struggling to find many bites above $2000 from memory.\

I think theres alot of price difference betwene what you can get for a manual versus auto.

Edited by E30stz

Would say it's unlikely to be a M sport, and if the rust's as bad as you say, probably not worth much either, less than 2k would be my guess.

pics of the car with some of the interior would be all we need to put you right.635s are an iconic BMW but they were prone to rust,esp if they were ex the UK.I can almost guarantee it wont be an "m6" but it might have some motorsport bits but they are only dress up bits really.In my experience 5 and 6 series motorsport cars ussually have leather BUT the UK market is a different kettle of fish altogether.Mechanically the 635 would be pretty bullet proof too esp if manual.