Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

Whos owned or seen a ex Japanese E30 M3?

Were/are they fitted with the european dogleg gearbox or a standard US "H" pattern gearbox?

one of my unkle's used to own an evo sport jap import and that was fitted with the the dogleg box

Were/are they fitted with the european dogleg gearbox or a standard US "H" pattern gearbox?

Hi Golfboy666GTI,

Are you just refering to e30 m3's that have been imported from Japan?. As far as im aware there was only ever the Euro spec e30 M3 and the US spec M3. There was never a 'Japan spec' version made.\

I have a US Spec M3 which was imported to NZ from Japan. It's fitted with the US spec gearbox if that helps.

Laurence.

Hi Golfboy666GTI,

Are you just refering to e30 m3's that have been imported from Japan?. As far as im aware there was only ever the Euro spec e30 M3 and the US spec M3. There was never a 'Japan spec' version made.\

I have a US Spec M3 which was imported to NZ from Japan. It's fitted with the US spec gearbox if that helps.

Laurence.

Does your car have the US side lights or have they been removed?

i got a euro spec (1989, 215hp) from japan..seems most e30 m3s in NZ have come from there

Liam.

post-1937-1182768018.jpg

Ive just found this:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=23&fg=05

Does anyine know what FOR VEHICLES WITH

NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN means?

Could the part number 23001221242 be a standard H pattern gearbox for a euro spec car?

Given that the part states this was for an E30 M3 with a Catalist converter in the exhaust that tells me this was a USA spec E30 M3. Onluy The USA version was cat converted (on some models) to comply with emissions.

Have you also checked out the RHD E30 M3 on Trademe?? It gives S**T all details about the conversion (in my opinion something that should be VERY WELL documented).. but you could pick up a RHD M3 for maybe $30k.

(Prefer the LHD original thou)

Hopes this helps.

Laurence.