Sign in to follow this  
joshuaraolah

Gruppe M or Simota e36

hey, im thinking of changing my air filter and a lil confused with what to buy, currently im looking at the gruppe m and simota, they look the same, would like to know which one produces more noise and performance....

cheers

hey, im thinking of changing my air filter and a lil confused with what to buy, currently im looking at the gruppe m and simota, they look the same, would like to know which one produces more noise and performance....

cheers

I have my gruppe M on my e46 for 3 years now, i love it so much. It's awesome together with the ECU remap.

I have my gruppe M on my e46 for 3 years now, i love it so much. It's awesome together with the ECU remap.

did u get any performance gains? how much? heard the simota ones ony gives 1-3 bhp

cheers

I've got a simota carbon style one on order, price seemed good for what it is - $150. I'll let you know how it goes in mine, e36 323i, once it arrives and i install it.

that would be great, did u order it from autopassion? found out that they were selling it but currently out of stock.. they quoted me $175..

nah mine is ordered from cpa (petone/lower hutt), and yeah they're outa stock too - they reckon around 3-4 weeks, cos they have to fill a container before it gets sent!

nah mine is ordered from cpa (petone/lower hutt), and yeah they're outa stock too - they reckon around 3-4 weeks, cos they have to fill a container before it gets sent!

did u get the simota filter yet? how does the car feel?

did u get the simota filter yet? how does the car feel?

Nah man, i went down there on tuesday and they still haven't got them in and it turns out they had them for the wrong price ie: they got charged for them then put their mark up on, which came to like $155, and they said the price was wrong and is going up and will be more like $4-500!! So i won't be getting it too soon if its that price!

Nah man, i went down there on tuesday and they still haven't got them in and it turns out they had them for the wrong price ie: they got charged for them then put their mark up on, which came to like $155, and they said the price was wrong and is going up and will be more like $4-500!! So i won't be getting it too soon if its that price!

yup i got the same story from autopassion in chc.. damn!!!!

I've just changed to an Blitz Filter for my E39, dynoed at a difference of 2.7kw.

The factory one was really restrictive on the E39, it also sounds nicer now.

And that inc custom adaptor was only about $300 installed.

The most important thing to remember when replacing the filter is to make sure that the new setup has a nice flow of cold air and some sort of heat sheilding from the underbonnet heat. Just shoving a filter in there may well end up with a decrease in power!