Sign in to follow this  
c.robertson00

E30 lsd

No probs fella, Its honestly not that hard to do the 1uz conversion.

You need a front sump for a start

Using a mk2 vw golf booster (almost fully bolts up) moved over about 6cm or so to the right (half behind the strut tower)

Go the 8 mate, its not cheap but should be more reliable use less gas and they weight less than all straight 6 toyos and nissan rbs.

Ill warn ya now its not cheap if you want to do it right

I've been searching and not having much luck on engine weights for the jappa 6's, ie: RB20, Rb25, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

The only weight I did find was a guestimate from someone saying the 1uzfe was 175kg??

Is it that heavy? That would add nearly 60kg over the front wheels to a M20.

Do you have issues with handling due the change in balance?

I'm guestimating $8-9000 for the conversion, incl all parts, link computer, tuning, cert, etc, etc.

Am I far off? :unsure:

Then there's the diff issue.. :huh:

I've been searching and not having much luck on engine weights for the jappa 6's, ie: RB20, Rb25, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

The only weight I did find was a guestimate from someone saying the 1uzfe was 175kg??

I'm guestimating $8-9000 for the conversion, incl all parts, link computer, tuning, cert, etc, etc.

Ah yeah, $3k of that is the engine, 'box, flywheel + clutch etc and link computer stuff...

Just for my info, what (to the nearest couple of grand) is not cheap?

Id say $7k to $10k , ive done ALOT of research and have alot of mates in the industry so ive been able to save ALOT of time,money and heart ache in the process but it is still very expensive. Fun thought ! I havint done any thing by halfs everything ive done has been top quality and with reliability and performance in mind.

Read my comments on weight on the other thread :)

The cars still not finished yet but if anything we expect it to handle better

Your guestimate on price is pretty much spot on mate, you wont have alot of change from that if someones doin most of the work. Diffs not really a big problem, i just dont want it to be revving to high @100 it will be berable but not ideal