Sign in to follow this  
rxhoon

323i mtr

can any one tell me if a 323i mtr is any good and should be a shitload better than my std 320i

also anyone know the std weight of a 1986 320i

cheers

manual 1080kg, auto 1100kg, add 25kg for a 4 door.A 323 has about 20-25 more HP than a 320 depending on the year

Guest Andrew

manual 1080kg, auto 1100kg, add 25kg for a 4 door.A 323 has about 20-25 more HP than a 320 depending on the year

and a lot more torque - in fact nearly as much as the 325.

I've got an E30 coupe with 323i block (2.4l capacity), Holden Gemini pistons, 320i head, Getrag 5 spd and LSD diff (dunno ratio) and it goes like a cut cat. Even gets 40mpg on a trip. Unfortunately we'll be selling it soon due to too many cars and wife's preference for 4 doors. I can thoroughly recommend the combo though - it feels like it's turbo charged when you take it over 3000 rpm.

Guest Andrew

I've got an E30 coupe with 323i block (2.4l capacity), Holden Gemini pistons, 320i head, Getrag 5 spd and LSD diff (dunno ratio) and it goes like a cut cat. Even gets 40mpg on a trip. Unfortunately we'll be selling it soon due to too many cars and wife's preference for 4 doors. I can thoroughly recommend the combo though - it feels like it's turbo charged when you take it over 3000 rpm.

I'll pay good coin for the LSD.

get in line.

Tbird, do you get down welly way much, be keen to see the beast before you ditch it.

Tim (bumpstop325), is kinda organising a mini meet after the BMWCA AMG on the 12th, checl out the details.

I sold the spare parts off the E30 shortly after getting it, also before realising how good they were and what they were worth. Also swapped the sports seats for more comfortable ones. It was our first BMW and has gone so well that we have stuck with them. Quite pleased from the performance out of non-V8 cars and the handling is unbeatable, especially the E30 with all its aftermarket bits.