Sign in to follow this  
m_power

E30 OBC

Do E30 OBC fit to any e30? Meaning are they interchangeable with the analog clocks etc? If so then does anyone have an E30 OBC they want to sell? If not then thanks for telling me.

Do E30 OBC fit to any e30? Meaning are they interchangeable with the analog clocks etc? If so then does anyone have an E30 OBC they want to sell? If not then thanks for telling me.

It is possible, but tricky. You will need an OBC from a carthe same year as yours, and you will also need the complete wiring harness.

Check out this:

OBC Install Instructions

I cant realy be bothered with all of that. What about the six button digital clock? they must hook straight up as they are just a clock?

I cant realy be bothered with all of that. What about the six button digital clock? they must hook straight up as they are just a clock?

If you're only wanting a change of look, just paint your analog needles badass red.

If you're only wanting a change of look, just paint your analog needles badass red.

I am wanting a change of look but really if i was going to change it i would want OBC or six button digital clock, but have already ruled out OBC do i need to rule out six button clock?

Is this what you mean by the 6 button clock?

Link

If so, it has a "temperature" button which I suspect may be difficult to connect up.

The easiest thing to do would be to take out your analogue clock and check the connections to it. It looks like the 6 button clock requires a largeish green plug.

Edited by bmw.maniac

Havent done a 6 button changeover from anologue but it wont be plug & play. Even change from anologue to standard digital needs one wiring mod - the digital has an acc supply in the wiring plug position that the anologue has illumination, an easy mod to do though.