Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

e36 airbox setup

hi there

I had a pod filter setup with piping on before , now i have had a cold air box made , wich is almost completly sealed , there is a fin at the front wich slots infront of the raidiator to direct air , it is mounted on factory mounts so easy to take out the pod is mounted inside the box everything is sturdy , also there is a small cutout at the back for the oxygen sensor i have noticed slight diffrence now also its got an awsome growl ....cheers

i would like to here what you guys think and any tips , id like to know how to get more direct air inside if possible

also now have a nice bimmersport sticker on back window

Posted Image

Really nice setup, Good to see it done properly!

Considered something discreet on the bonnet? slats or something along those lines.. It looks really good as is - there will be heaps of air to draw from there.

Really nice setup, Good to see it done properly!

Considered something discreet on the bonnet? slats or something along those lines.. It looks really good as is - there will be heaps of air to draw from there.

cheers yeh i thought about that but its not done very common after seaching the net and i wasent to sure,at the moment its getting as much air pushed into the box as factory but is sucking more, im glad to have good feed back as i thought id be told put your factory one in an a k/n panel filter but the noise is great , this was done very professonal set me back 180 the guy had not experience in cars, no plans or design to work off i left the car at his work shop an he just made from scratch the setup has cost me 250.00 allup but when you take in to account what off the shelve ones are including shiping it aint to bad

Edited by PBOY

looks sharp man.

i wonder if this setup would be better than my factory set up on my m3.

youv got me thinking

post-1379-1186532851_thumb.jpg

hi there

I had a pod filter setup with piping on before , now i have had a cold air box made , wich is almost completly sealed , there is a fin at the front wich slots infront of the raidiator to direct air , it is mounted on factory mounts so easy to take out the pod is mounted inside the box everything is sturdy , also there is a small cutout at the back for the oxygen sensor i have noticed slight diffrence now also its got an awsome growl ....cheers

i would like to here what you guys think and any tips , id like to know how to get more direct air inside if possible

also now have a nice bimmersport sticker on back window

Posted Image

Looks great, im not familiar with your car so it depends on whats underneath where your filter sits, but if there is any room for around a 70mm hole, cut one and run flex hose from a air dam in your front bumper if poss..Other than that, if you want to get better results, construct your airbox out of a composite material..ie carbon fibre, fibre glass or a high heat resistant plastic etc etc.. basically anything that doesnt transfer heat, you will notice a big difference!