Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zwilling

American beligerence, a contradiction

Guest Zwilling

Sorry but i'm getting pissed off with all this sh*t :angry:

I caught this quote in the paper today in regards to the beheading of a US citizen in Iraq...

"This shows the true nature of the enemies of freedom," White House spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters. "They have no regard for the lives of innocent men, women and children. We will pursue those responsible and bring them to justice."

Hang on...so let me get this right. Kill one innocent citizen and that's cause for a crusade against terror (ex.) but it's okay to bomb multiple innocent civilians because that's not a blatant disregard for the lives of the innocent??? What is it with these guys, are they f**ked in the head? It's no wonder ppl wanna join Al Quaeda to gain retribution.

Guest Zwilling

BTW: Has anyone seen that vid clip of some Saudi's driving a huge offroad vehicle and flipping it onto two wheels before driving along... Will have to post that one....

Not the first time I've seen sometihng like that, watching the movie/docco "Trinity" is full of things like that. The russians explode a 50 megaton bomb and the US claim "disregard for pollution, bringing the world closer to war" of course this is all after the US has exploded 50-100+ of them :D

Guest Zwilling

Biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world <_<

I think perhaps the best thing Helen Clark ever did was not to cowtow to the US like the Brits and the Aussies did

Guest Zwilling

:lol: Hahaha, the other quote I saw this week, in regards to Helen meeting the pope...

As to whether or not Helen would follow centuries old tradition of kissing the pope's ring, she thought it unlikely

Edited by Zwilling

[rant] Bear in mind the words of certain war-mongering individuals in the american government do not necessarily represent the views of the population. I get mad when I see people generalising about americans, I lived over there for 5 years in fact my wife is american.

True, she is ashamed of the government administration... the only problem being if she wants to vote for federal government she needs to start paying California state income tax.

[/rant]

Yup, thats right, its that age old thing of people with the loudest voice making everyone look bad. I think every country has looked bad at some stage because of some incident by people high up the food chain.

[rant] Bear in mind the words of certain war-mongering individuals in the american government do not necessarily represent the views of the population. I get mad when I see people generalising about americans, I lived over there for 5 years in fact my wife is american.

True, she is ashamed of the government administration... the only problem being if she wants to vote for federal government she needs to start paying California state income tax.

[/rant]

well said, my partner Brook is American, and she too is ashamed and does not agree with the current US Administration.

Cheers

Guest Zwilling

[rant]Bear in mind the words of certain war-mongering individuals in the american government do not necessarily represent the views of the population. I get mad when I see people generalising about americans, I lived over there for 5 years in fact my wife is american.

[/rant]

I agree also. My sentiments were directed at the bush administration. I do hope for the world's sake that the democrats oust bush and do some much needed damage control.

As for our own country...worms

Guest Zwilling

What the fa?

Hehe, if you thought our prices were bad, the brits have it bad - something like $2.50 L. (+/- 25c xchange rates???)

towely nooo!

yea petrol is pretty scum at the mo

but the way america is handling the jandle at the mo is pretty scum to

stupid ass bush admin again

just like aucklanders...

"hamilton has suburbs??!@@!"

just like aucklanders...

"hamilton has suburbs??!@@!"

very very good point!!

Now I wonder if these f**ked lefties are gunna rant about this like they did with the Iraqi prisoner photos, f**king cocksuckers...

This was just f**ked. That reaction from the US would have been the same if it was a US citizen or not, cos from what I heard the guy was a f**king builder, ya know, helping to restore that sh*t hole.

Anyone seen the video btw?

I havent, don't want to, but apparantly it shows everything.

Guest Spargo

Yea, i've seen it, not as bad as the same type of thing that happened in Chechnya, those were just brutal beheadings, the one from Chechnya i saw, his eyes and mouth moved when held up to the camera. I'm normally unaffected by those sorts of things, but i nearly chundered after seeing it.

Now I wonder if these f**ked lefties are gunna rant about this like they did with the Iraqi prisoner photos,

I was reading that thismorning on bimmerforums (I had nothing better to do at the time), but yea, an eye for an eye can mean alot of different things based on culture, tradtions, background and other factors.

Place is still too much of a hotbed to rebuild at this early stage anyway :wacko:

so remind me again why america got involved in Iraq? wasnt it because of the way they were treating their people and on the suspicions of Suddam harbouring "weapons of mass destruction" etc....

So the americans have barged in and taken over the sh*t - and look at the way they are treating the people there! wasnt that one of the reasons they got involved in the 1st place? so here they are treating their prisoners the same way.... (i know what i mean, but not how to word it - i hope you guys can catch my drift....)

Guest Zwilling

They say not to judge americans on their leaders but they also say that "people elect the leader they deserve"...Helen...Bush...

I think it's quite funny how today Donald Rumsfield is quoted as saying that there is the possibilty that they might fail their mission in Iraq......what mission, gain control of oil?

Well yea, but from the time Bush was elected to now I think there is much more of a line between people who are going "yay bush" and the (probable) majority that are going "what the hell were we thinking". Leaders can make or sink a country just as easily, which is what we are seeing. Mind you, if fate had turned out differently, and america wasnt the superpower sticking its nose somewhere, I'm sure whoever else would have been the top superpower in its place would be doing the same thing. *shrug* as long as they dont mess with NZ.

If anything, bring on the same currency for AUS & NZ dammit! :D

Is it just me? Or is the rest of the world subsidising Americas petrol... They are at like $0.30/40 US a litre... While the rest of the world is more than double that...

Btw, here are some of the pictures of America stepping in to "Help":

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image