Sign in to follow this  
Jaredsc

E36 Climate control unit

Hi, driving home tonight, just got out of work's carpark when suddenly the climate control display

starts flickering also accompanying this, the noise like a vent trying to shut somewhere in the dash

and each time it flickered you could hear the noise. Sort of like something opening/closing, then the thing went blank completely, was very worried at this point as no air was coming out of vents as well, so i turned the fan speed button right off to turn the unit off, then back on again and it worked!

Anyone know whats goin on here? Note also I had rear demister on and couldnt turn it off while this happened, its orange light was still on though. :unsure:

control unit is playing up .Remove strip down and resolder cracked solder joints then refit.Bobs your uncle and fannys a rude word

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My symptom was system display showing on but no air coming out of the vents.

No flickering though.

Followed this site's instruction and all ok after that.

Edit: typo

Edited by my_e36

Thanks for the link to that article, but I already had it fixed. I took it to a BMW mechanic in Wairau Rd

North shore (where I live) and they replaced a resistor, cost $250 for 3 hours labour and the resistor.