Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

e30 heater,

Hello all, curiously on the way to taupo my heater/fan stopped working, and possibly may even have got stuck on the "1" setting, along with the temperature stuck on "hot" or red. This is all well and good as it was freezing in ohakune and heater was good to have on, but its starting to piss me off, is the heater fused???? any idea what could be done to fix it? as the temperature no longer adjusts and the heater doesent turn on/off , what could it be??? its not super serious just annoying,

It is an AC heater, but the AC belt is currently not connected so no AC,

SA e30 P/fl

Any ideas?

Edited by QuickSilver

Sounds like the heater water valve is stuck or the heater temp control switch has failed, both are common problems.

Ive just replaced the water tap on my facelift SA car and the best way I found to tell if its knackered is to take it out and blow down it ! If you dont feel anything at the other end then its dead.

What I also found out was that they are 'open' by default so perhaps you have no power going to it, check the wire is still attached at the top.

If it is dead then Ive got one that fits the heater cores that have the plastic pipes coming out of it, send me a pm if you need it.