Sign in to follow this  
sven007

Problems with Indicator

Quite often when I indicate left it it doesnt show on the dash that my indicator green light is working and checked the back and the indicators dont work at all when this happens. Has anyone had a problem like this? Easy to fix?

I have a e36 318i 94.

Thanks

Quite often when I indicate left it it doesnt show on the dash that my indicator green light is working and checked the back and the indicators dont work at all when this happens. Has anyone had a problem like this? Easy to fix?

I have a e36 318i 94.

Thanks

Both L/H indicators dont work or just rear when problem is present?

my front left indicator used to play up, sometimes work and sometimes not work... for me it was a loose wire not making contact all the time, easily fixed in my case.... so maybe a loose connection somewhere???

Thanks, Thats what I thought. yeah both rear left and front left dont work. How would I check for a loose connecttion? how do I get in there behind the steering wheel? The window wipers do it as well occasionally. Dangerous when driving and people dont know where your going as I cant inidcate left every no and then!!

And WOF coming up which is great timing!

sounds like it could be your indicator switch, take a poke around the switch itself and see if theres anything loose there... but with the window wipers my car does this as well.. or atleast it used to until I accidentally fixed it, they would suddenly stop working, ie, I could move the switch to any position and no wipers, and one time I got really pissed off, and pulled it back to spray water on my windows, much harder than I would normally, and something clicked and now it works fine, ever since then lol!