Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

An Oldie but a Goodie

This used to be my old man's car, a 1985 SA car, bought into NZ in 1986. When the old man died in 1991, his best mate bought it off the estate and still has it in Napier. He actually stuck it on its roof a couple of years ago (another story!) and the insurance company wrote it off, but Don did the honourable thing and got it back off the Insurance Co and re built it. It's actually the original shell, totally rust free, but with a new roof on it. It was a Very gentle roll!

post-125-1186911488_thumb.jpg

post-125-1186911506_thumb.jpg

Classic car alright! - Have a real mint 78 car but 520i. Strange that Africa still buit the E12 well into the eighties when we had long had the E28.

Classic car alright! - Have a real mint 78 car but 520i. Strange that Africa still buit the E12 well into the eighties when we had long had the E28.

Yeah, not too sure on the details, but aparently they had a whole heap of shells left over and this is actually basically E28 running gear in an E12 shell. Not sure what it weighs, but I would think it is lighter. It's definitely very chuckable though.

Sparkle has a rusty rusty one the same colour!

No he doesnt anymore!, and apart from the doors the car wasnt overly rusty

The SA E12 535, is actually known as a E28 model type 4709.

The only E28 stuff on the car is the interior. The engine is the "early" 3.5, suspension and brakes are E12.

This ones a nice looking car

Edited by rxsumo