Sign in to follow this  
btccm3

thinking of selling my m3

:( Hey guys im thinking of selling my e36 m3 uk import 4 door.

Its alot of $$$ to have tied up in a car and a house is starting to look like a good idea so a bigger deposit is the way to go so im told.

Was thinking of selling her and buying a decent e30 "so i dont go totally mad from bmw Withdrawal"

Anyways I thought id ask what you guys think she's worth.

Its done 92.000 miles runs well no probs that im aware of

still has 14months of autosure mechanical waranty left on it.

Iv managed to fit plenty of extras since iv had it being an installer by trade and all.

its had the whole sound system upgraded the fronts are infinty components with tweeters hidden in the aircon vents,

the rears have also been changed for infinty components aswell, I modifyed the factory plastic speaker enclosures to fit the 5 1/4" woofers then wrapped them in a special type of heat forming sound Deadening then flush mounted the tweeters in the factory rear speaker grill and removed the little infinty badge from the aftermarket speaker covers and mounted them on the factory covers "result is a system that looks like it was factory fitted and sounds bad ass" the system also has a dual voice coil carbon kevlar 10" sub mounted in the boot above the batt compartment so you still have a fully useable boot cavity, Then the whole system is powered by a 5 chanel amp monted to the roof of the boot to save on boot space again.

It also has a dvd system that works through the sound system or through wireless earmuffs witchever you prefer.

The fold down screen in the front also has a reversing camera at the push of a button just for kicks.

As you would expect its also got the alarm system from hell.

Engine wise iv left it bog standard it was allready pretty quick so i didn't feel the need.

I did however think it needed to look a bit hotter so off came the factory wheels to be replaced by a set 19"koya inox 1's 9" on the back and 8" on the front same as the factory intended,a bit bigger with lower profile tyres so as not mess with the handling to much,

After a bit of guard massaging i managed to fit a set of 265/30/19's on the back in FALCON's finest tread,man she's got some grip now!

Oh i almost forgot i changed the rear pipe aswell its a bit louder now but I like it like that i do still have the factory muffler if you prefer not to hear it throb.

Im sure iv forgotten a few things <_< but

here's some photos all the same.

oh i know what i forgot its now waring BTCCM3 euro plates

i went ahead and got that plate because its a brit touring homiligation spec one being a uk import 4 door and all,

Im told its one of 2000 4 door 95's ever built to that spec.

post-1379-1187439094_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439347_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439485_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439588_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439611_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439693_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439809_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439885_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187439950_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1187440029_thumb.jpg

About a $3.50.

good move with the house!

Good luck with the house can't go wrong.. best thing we ever did.

Be sad to part with the M3 though, am tempted myself but would need to sell the 540.

cheers matt

Being a 95 and 4 door, it should be an Evo (I'm not an expert), but I'm sure they came out with clear indicator lenses. What gives?

its no evo its only a 3.0L and 5 speed not 3.2 and 6speed thus the no clears

i do wish it were an evo however the fact that its not does make it kinda rare.

Edited by btccm3

i think evos where the same year as the facelift, which would mean 97+

What's the difference in externals between Non FL and FL in the E36 other than clears (which a lot of people do these days anyway)?

This car must be really rare as I was +ve they only made the 4 door on the Evo.

good luck with the house purchase!

and remember, once you have that huge asset - you'll never have a problem borrowing money if you want to buy a nice car in future (but yes, it does seem you have to sell all the nice cars in order to buy the house in the first place... funny how that works)

Oohoohhh +5k then?

In the UK where the car was imported from ( am i right ) they had a 3.0 M3 sedan which carried on to the evo model. I think these were produced 1995 on hence the orange indicators.

What's the difference in externals between Non FL and FL in the E36 other than clears (which a lot of people do these days anyway)?

e36 face lift got rounder kidneys and a new nose panel...for lack of a better word. Looks more like the e46 front

Saw you drive past me at the lights a week or so ago.

Car looks badass.

G/L with the sale.

So no-one actually said a round about price, other than sic*.

I'd say 24-26k if people are willing to pay the little bit extra for the 4 doors...

This is just based on a few m3 selling around the same mileage & age all be it they 2 door for about 20-22k.

Cheers

Mavrick

Not wanting to hijack your ad or anything, but saw this minter at Global Prestige today. Click here for TM link Absolutely spotless in every way. They have also sold the Black E34 M5 they had there too.

Not wanting to hijack your ad or anything, but saw this minter at Global Prestige today. Click here for TM link Absolutely spotless in every way. They have also sold the Black E34 M5 they had there too.

Thats fully mint, Ive seen it in the flesh. Total Minter.

Hey is that a FIAT 125 in your avatar? Wish I still had mine :(

Thats fully mint, Ive seen it in the flesh. Total Minter.

Hey is that a FIAT 125 in your avatar? Wish I still had mine :(

Yep, hehe. Saw yours for sale and neeeeearly thought about buying it, then slapped myself. Funnest car though.

A bit of history. Was my second car after the Hillman Imp (Cain and I share something other than friendship!). Had some great times. Bought it in '85 for $1600, was on LPG, loved a thrashing, that 1600 Twin Cam was bullet proof. Even had a spring washer go down the throat and ping around in No 2 cylinder. Found our which one by taking out the spark plugs and then just took off the sump, undid the big end, took out the piston, took it my mate with a linishing machine and smoothed it off (left bits of washer it in!) and threw it back in. Didn't even check to see if I'd bent valves. Started straight up and ran like a dream :rolleyes:

I then got a 1970 124 Sport and had the 125 parked on the road, rego expired and it got towed as an abandoned car. My mate next saw it in the next Demo Derby at Waikaraka Park. Haha. Bloody laugh, had so much fun that car, even did Napier in 4 1/4 hours once, Mt Wellington off ramp to Bay View turn off.

Awesome.

They are heaps of fun aye. Fully optioned out for their day to!!

I loved the fact it could do burnouts without even having to touch the accelerator!

Manual choke yo!! Pull that baby out and dump the clutch, instant skids :D