Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Tool for Removing Centre

Had a flatty 8.30 am on Saturday morning, hands were as cold as *&^% had trouble getting the centre cap off. Wondered if there was a tool available? Could use slipjaw pliers, but don't want to damage the centre - could use hands, but if not tight enouigh, may fall off, if too tight, will have trouble getting off! Also wondered about those oil filter removing tools with the 'leather' belts?? BUT is there a specific tool available? A large plastic spanner seems to be the ideal? Can I buy one from BMW ? Cheers

post-2173-1187561992_thumb.jpg

Yes there is a huge plastic spanner that your supposed to use. Have no idea where to get one other than from the dealers.

Im sure Ive seen one on TM recently though.

hey, i have one that was for the rims on my e30 you could buy it if its the same size, i can measure it tonight. i can also post a pic.

hey, i have one that was for the rims on my e30 you could buy it if its the same size, i can measure it tonight. i can also post a pic.

Thanks for that - just got my wheel back on from the repairer, I measured the 'Nut' and it seems to be +/- 80mm across the flats, so if yours is the same , I'll be happy to buy it off you. :)

This was what I was thinking of

Link wont work :-(

Search ebay.co.uk for this item 330157604478

Works now

Hmmm, so I can add a link from the 'main' post page, but not with the 'quick' post page ?

Edited by Penry

ok i will measure it...its not exactly the same...using a 13mm(i think) spanner or socket on top of it. Ill measure and take a pic from home. Sweet