Sign in to follow this  
joshuaraolah

m52 to m50 manifold

im thinking of changing my current m52 intake manifold to a m50 intake manifold, i had heard that there are pretty good gains by doing this, currently driving a 328i,

is this a good idea and are the claims true?

how much will i be looking at in terms of cash on buying a m50 intake manifold

thanks

Ask Ray, yes you do get good gains. Around 20-25hp if i remember correctly. I was going to do this when I was thinking about N/A M52 in the dirty.

Turb'd M50 sounds better though ;)

In the US they keep saying about Schrick cam or M3 cam can be used to take advantage of the extra airflow the manifold gives you. Some tuners reckon one should do a full exhaust and dyno tune to maximise the gain.

It's a matter of how much you wanna spend I suppose.

20-25hp for the let manifold sounds a little (read completely wrong) optimistic on the power gain. It is meant to flow better at high revs, so you get a win at the top end and you lose a little mid-range.

3pedals will give you the low down. I think he has done this mod, and then the complete M3 exhaust (with dyno) on a 328.

The cams are probably not worth the effort either as a value for money upgrade. I'd look at the MAP-ECU first.

Ask Ray, yes you do get good gains. Around 20-25hp if i remember correctly. I was going to do this when I was thinking about N/A M52 in the dirty.

Turb'd M50 sounds better though ;)

thats great, thanks for the info, will ask ray, would u know on how much it would cost??

hey thanks for the great info, when u say u r modifiying the intake manifold, what do u mean by this?

im guessing that im not gona do the swap as i dont want to loose my low end pick up which the 328 has..

also to make full use of the mod you need to "chip" your car to raise the red line to 7k as with the m50 you will pull all the way to 7k. guys in the US say most of the low end loss can be gained back with new software