Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Motorbikes...

does anyone here know sh*t about motorbikes? im possibly looking at getting one for commuting to uni...i hate the bus and car is just silly at the mo....would prob be looking at something round 250cc (whats that like to learn on...done a lot of bicycle riding, and how quick would it be?) what sorta price would i be looking at paying....what to look for when buying.....as in what sort of bikes are decent...i know sh*t all about them. or does anyone know where they could steer me in the right direction....any advice appreciated!

I have owned 4 bikes.

Do you have a bike license Gusto??

and how quick would it be?

Being a 250 it will never be fast, sure some are quick'ish, the 2stroke ones RGV's, NSR's, TZR's etc... but they are no good for communting, you'd prolly foul the plugs half way there, and the sporty 4strokes just rev forever and don't go anywhere!!

Best to look for a GSX250 of CB250 (2 cyl 4strokes), slow, but reliable as hell & economical, good to learn/commute on too.

I miss riding bikes :(

Guest Spargo

Haha, its been nice knowing you Gus! Did you miss that guy getting killed outside engineering a couple of months ago? Thats the only reason i don't ride in. I saw the whole thing. Very scaring experience.

no no no, I think it is Mr.Spock when he dies and his remains end up on that strange planet!?!?!

=hemorrhoids? I don't understand.

no its actually minced gus.... if u looks close enough you can see the scar on his nose!!!

haha thanks for the confidence dave! no dont have a motorbike license...but would need something to learn on.....how would a 250cc go...something sensible..can you equate it in car terms? pretty confident in traffic after bike couriering....just keep in mind that everyone else sucks at driving....nothing along the lines of what you described on trademe glenn....any other suggestions? what sorta $$ would i be looking at?