Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

Where to get Racaro SR's??

Hey guys,

I've checked Recaro's web site and see that there is ony 1 listed dealer in NZ for Racaro Reclinable seats.

I'm wanting to upgrade my stock e30M3 seats with Recaro SR's (similar to the e30 M3 Sport Evo)..

I've only found: RETRO Vehicle Enhancement Ltd.

27 MacKelvie Street

NZ- Ponsonby, Auckland

Im waiting for a quote from these guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any other NZ dealers (prefer in Wellington).

Thanks,

Laurence.

Yeah i've checked Trademe.

Im really after brand new seats as I will be going for show quality interior, any second hand seats would probably require some bolster work + re padding. Im also going to be getting the seats in Black leather + swede (grey or tan) so cost of fitting materials to existing seats wouldn't end up being that cost effective.

Really after any dealers who bring in Recaro products.

Laurence.

Im really after brand new seats as I will be going for show quality interior

oo la la sounds nice!

sorry i cant help you out

yeah.. hoping to do a full resto on my e30 M3. just finished the engine, now on to the interior.

Haha, i have a feeling it's not going to be cheep :S:S

Laurence.

Hey guys,

I've checked Recaro's web site and see that there is ony 1 listed dealer in NZ for Racaro Reclinable seats.

I'm wanting to upgrade my stock e30M3 seats with Recaro SR's (similar to the e30 M3 Sport Evo)..

I've only found: RETRO Vehicle Enhancement Ltd.

27 MacKelvie Street

NZ- Ponsonby, Auckland

Im waiting for a quote from these guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any other NZ dealers (prefer in Wellington).

Thanks,

Laurence.

Did you get thet Quote yet?

How much for a set of seats

Just had an email and from 'Retro Vehicle' in Auckland to get Leather/swede im looking at $1600inc each!!

I know that reclinable bucket seats are generally a bit more expensive then fixed seats.. just not too sure about $1600ea. I guess it's because it will be leather/swede.

Any thoughts guys??

Laurence.

I would too like know where to get Recaro stuff in New Zealand, as i'm looking at their range of Recaro baby/toddler seats.

Just had an email and from 'Retro Vehicle' in Auckland to get Leather/swede im looking at $1600inc each!!

I know that reclinable bucket seats are generally a bit more expensive then fixed seats.. just not too sure about $1600ea. I guess it's because it will be leather/swede.

Any thoughts guys??

Laurence.

I got a quote from mag and turbo for a sparco seat (fixed) a few years ago and it was $1500 for 1 (all cloth, no leather ) i think the seat was called a sparco FIGHTER.

I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend

it's a PITA as I don't "NEED" the recaro seats but in my opinion they look the best in the e30 m3 + were original in the e30M3 sport evo..

I guess given that they are leather/swede and for $1600 when you're quote was $1500 for cloth, that doesn't sound toooo bad.

It just means that if i soend that much on seats the rest of the interior would need to follow the same $$ guide.

Laurence.

check the wreckers....i am sure you can get old seats recovered and recontoured in any material you want for a lot less than that??

There's honestly no point buying brand new recaro reclinables and then retriming them. The Recaros that came in the E30 M3 Evo were Recaro SR2s .. exactly the same seats you find in the Mitsi Evo IIs and Evo IIIs just in different fabric. Just pick up a set of those from trademe (they go for average $400 to $800 depending on condition).

Or if you want something a bit newer but also similar shape pick up Recaro SR3s from the DC2 Integra type R range ... plenty of red ones for sale on trademe for between $500 to $950 for a mint pair and just get those retrimed. Similar to the SR2s but with narrower shoulder wings.

If you need to know Recaro seats (what models fits what ect) talk to me ... I know them like the back of my hand and have plenty of pairs at home (yes it's a bit of an addiction ... I collect seats :unsure: ) {I've taken plenty pairs of SR model range apart and back together ... even taught a friend how to modify a pair of recaro fishnets into a recaro SR3 to repair a busted pair of recaro SR3s he had)

Edited by M3_Power

There's honestly no point buying brand new recaro reclinables and then retriming them. The Recaros that came in the E30 M3 Evo were Recaro SR2s .. exactly the same seats you find in the Mitsi Evo IIs and Evo IIIs just in different fabric. Just pick up a set of those from trademe (they go for average $400 to $800 depending on condition).

Or if you want something a bit newer but also similar shape pick up Recaro SR3s from the DC2 Integra type R range ... plenty of red ones for sale on trademe for between $500 to $950 for a mint pair and just get those retrimed. Similar to the SR2s but with narrower shoulder wings.

If you need to know Recaro seats (what models fits what ect) talk to me ... I know them like the back of my hand and have plenty of pairs at home (yes it's a bit of an addiction ... I collect seats :unsure: ) {I've taken plenty pairs of SR model range apart and back together ... even taught a friend how to modify a pair of recaro fishnets into a recaro SR3 to repair a busted pair of recaro SR3s he had)

Do EVO II & III seats bolt onto E30? and do the Type R seats bolt on also? or is modification needed?

M3_Power - If I order thru Recaro.com and get them brought in by the company in Auck's they are made up at Recaro with leather/swede, so no re-trimming needed. They come ready to bolt on.

I've also looked into buying 2nd hand seats to re-trim, Cost of material + laobur it actually works out to a similar price. Old seats re-trimmed/new seats = same price (seams more logical to go brande new gear). If i do a few other things i'll be able to score a good deal on materials to re-trim the rear seats, headlining & carpet.

Laurence.

Do EVO II & III seats bolt onto E30? and do the Type R seats bolt on also? or is modification needed?

All Recaro SR series seats have standard recaro bolt pattern - ie. 3 bolts on each sides at 6mm - with two closer together at the front and one in the rear.

I haven't seen the E30 seat rails, but I remember seeing a post on here a while back where somebody modified the E30 seat rails to take the recaro SR series seats - so not hard to do - especially if you can weld - otherwise it'd be a case of trial and error with different mounting plates and positioning the seats centre relative to the steering wheel.

You could always buy aftermarket rails from companies such as Recaro or Bride Seats Japan which have readily made up rails that will straight bolt into your car to take Recaro SRs, or any type of Recaros for that matter - the Bride rails are about $250?? each from 41.co.nz Give Mac an email and find out.

M3_Power - If I order thru Recaro.com and get them brought in by the company in Auck's they are made up at Recaro with leather/swede, so no re-trimming needed. They come ready to bolt on.

I've also looked into buying 2nd hand seats to re-trim, Cost of material + laobur it actually works out to a similar price. Old seats re-trimmed/new seats = same price (seams more logical to go brande new gear). If i do a few other things i'll be able to score a good deal on materials to re-trim the rear seats, headlining & carpet.

Laurence.

How much is retrimming going to cost you? If by what I am quoting and you pick up a relatively mint set of recaros(foam wise) for circa $600 (very plausible) then I highly doubt it'd cost you $2600 just to retrim (given your quote of $1600 per seat - it'd be $3200 - $600) . I'd guess $500 per seat would be more than sufficient with material and labour.

Quality is an issue though ... whatever you do with retrim it'd be aftermarket and not genuine recaro.

Alternatively you can talk to Mac at 41.co.nz or someone with access to a recaro shop in Japan (ASM, super autobac ect)... you can buy full retrim fabrics for virtually all recaro models produced at a very reasonable price (I am talking around about $200 for a full set) and have those sent over and I can teach you how to take apart a Recaro SR seat and retrim them yourself ...

Edited by M3_Power

Oh by the way I believe that speedware motorsports is the recaro supplier for Retro Products in NZ ...

I once emailed speedware asking if they could ship me a seat or two and they told me to talk to Retro ...

Here's their link .. you could try them again and see if they'd ship a seat out to you..

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/seat/rec.asp

You could always buy aftermarket rails from companies such as Recaro or Bride Seats Japan which have readily made up rails that will straight bolt into your car to take Recaro SRs, or any type of Recaros for that matter - the Bride rails are about $250?? each from 41.co.nz Give Mac an email and find out.

How much is retrimming going to cost you? If by what I am quoting and you pick up a relatively mint set of recaros(foam wise) for circa $600 (very plausible) then I highly doubt it'd cost you $2600 just to retrim (given your quote of $1600 per seat - it'd be $3200 - $600) . I'd guess $500 per seat would be more than sufficient with material and labour.

Quality is an issue though ... whatever you do with retrim it'd be aftermarket and not genuine recaro.

Alternatively you can talk to Mac at 41.co.nz or someone with access to a recaro shop in Japan (ASM, super autobac ect)... you can buy full retrim fabrics for virtually all recaro models produced at a very reasonable price (I am talking around about $200 for a full set) and have those sent over and I can teach you how to take apart a Recaro SR seat and retrim them yourself ...

Cheers bro,

Some good links you've posted up.. If I was able to get hold of some nice SR2's and the fabric to re-trim then i'd consider getting it done here in Welly.

Will keep you updated as will be looking into this a bit more probably sometime in October.

Laurence.