Sign in to follow this  
tibbs.james

Awesome score !!

Hey dudes

today i picked up a hartage rear spoiler for $20 needs to be re fibreglassed around the seam but otherwise after a paint it will come up great .

I was thinking the best way to repair it would be to sand down all around the seam and have somebody put on a layer of glass/resin to really hold it togeather so i could then sand/bog it smooth and have it painted.

Or i was thinking i could use that bog which already has those layers of mesh in it and just do the same thing but with the bog.

will look cool when its done.

I intend to paint it myself since i have all the gear avalible.

same car had 3 awesome looking mags too which annoyed me as the 4th was nowhere to be seen.

any idea's on fixing it ?

post-1885-1188010495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jimmy

well since it was badly cracked around the seam where the two pieces join it made sense to slpit it into two pieces and go about repairing the edges.

as you can see on one of the pics i have been using this kind of bog/fiberous/resin stuff which sets boody hard and has a fibre mat thing in it so it seemed the perfect thing to use.

i have bogged up the edges on one half and i will work/sand this back down and do the same on the other side so i have two edges that can key into each other and proceed to stick the whole thing back togeather with the same fancy bog stuff.

hopefully the end result will work well. if it dosn't i learn't something and didn't spend the said $20 on Macdonalds

post-1885-1188088669_thumb.jpg

post-1885-1188088698_thumb.jpg

Well so far so good.

Today a mate came around and we started to join the two halves.

Electrical tape hed it togeahter quite nicely and that allowed us to flex it apart and get insde there with the bog fibre stuff.

we have done about 1/2 so far.

After this it will need blocking back and fixing small bits where its sunk in before the whole things gets sanded down and primed .

post-1885-1188616676_thumb.jpg