Sign in to follow this  
dubbed5series

coilovers in an e39

Hey,

Im planning on buying d2 adjustable coilovers for my e39 520i in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anybody on this site has them in there e39? Or just any coilovers.

Cause i was wondering how low you can sit the car with them in. As that is the reason im getting them to put my car on its arse, because ive got B'n'G superlows with 2 coils cut off the backs and the tires are still only just in the guards. Any help would be apprectiated. Cheers

Hey,

Im planning on buying d2 adjustable coilovers for my e39 520i in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anybody on this site has them in there e39? Or just any coilovers.

Cause i was wondering how low you can sit the car with them in. As that is the reason im getting them to put my car on its arse, because ive got B'n'G superlows with 2 coils cut off the backs and the tires are still only just in the guards. Any help would be apprectiated. Cheers

you will have a lot of fun getting to the rear suspension :P from memory the whole rear seat and parcel tray have to come out, I would put aside most of the day. How much lower do you want to go? I would have thought that the tyre just inside the guard would be a perfect height.

O yeah I no when mag and turbo fitted my lowering springs, it took them 4 hours to put my springs in. So i think it might be worth the 200 bucks again to pay someone to fit them lol.

Um im hoping to have the rear of the sills about 2 inches off the ground and then the front I want about 1cm of my 20's to tuck, but I will have to see what turning is like with it that low 1st. But yeah I want it pretty low.

Edited by dubbed5series