Sign in to follow this  
rxsumo

1988 E34 535i

We have just brought a 540i, so its time to move the 535i on.

1988 535iA, NZ New 250K, Dark Metallic Grey

Normal NZ Options, Black Leather Seats (electric), Factory Premium Sound, BMW Security (deadlocks and alarm), LSD. BMW Genuine Towbar

Just serviced by Page European, WOF exp 2/08 Rego 5/08.

Since buying the car, we have replaced the front rotors and all the brake pads (all Genuine Parts), the front suspension link bushes with "nolathane bushes" (stops the front end shimmy) and the rear pitman arms. We have also replaced the transmission mode selector switch..

The body is not too bad with a couple of noticeable dings in the LF guard, and on the RR door, the is a chunk missing out of the lower section of the back bumper (but its so low you dont see it). There are the normal "K-mart" rash type dents and stone chips etc. The interior has held up quite well, and there are no rips or tears in the leather. The LF leather insert is seperating from the door panel, its not that noticable, but some ADOS and time could sort that. There is a paint burn/stain on the storage area on the top of the dash.

Known issues:

Plasma section of the dash works intermittently (usually after 30 minutes or so of driving)(known E32/E34 issue with dashboard capacitors can be repaired)

Air Conditioning needs regassing

Boot Gas Struts need regassing/replacing

Memory function on seats doesnt work (all other electric functions are ok)

Drivers seat lumber support doesnt work

Heatlight washers dont work

I'm looking for around $2500 ono for the car. If you are interested PM me.

post-539-1190010812_thumb.jpg

post-539-1190010877_thumb.jpg

post-539-1190010958_thumb.jpg

Darryl the trademe pics of the car are much better.... it's cleaned up really nicely. I'm even tempted myself :)

hey have you sold the car yet?

there are at least 4 535 manuals on TM at the momnt....there may be a couple of 535 is still too(sports seats body kit lsd etc)