Sign in to follow this  
Scotty3934

E36 320I Front Speakers

Just got my 320I an sortin out the audio in it, rears were a breaze but got me stumped on the fronts i just cant quite get the panels off. Do i need to take some of the dash off first?? Thought it might b better to ask around before breaking something. Also i need a new unit for the temp and time at the very bottem of the center consol as i cant change the time or date on mine for some reason.

Front passenger: Remove the panel under the glovebox, slide the plastic doorsill bit off its clips (if you can get the kickpanel off without removing this bit, by all means do so, it's a bit of a pain to put back), then use a flathead screwdriver to turn the plastic clip so it releases the kickpanel. IIRC, the kickpanel has to be slid out a bit, then pulled off.

Front driver: Remove panel under steering column, pop the plastic cap off the bonnet lever, and remove the screw. The bonnet lever handle will come off. If there's a plastic clip, turn it just as you would on the passenger side panel. Same thing goes for the doorsill. Then it'll come off.

You do not need to remove the dash.

The unit at the bottom of the centre console is called the OBC, how did you try changing the time and date? On mine you just hold Set/Res and Date together to change date, and Set/Res and Time together to change time. You need to hold both down for a few seconds.

In response to the OBC, which is what I think you mean, check that the bulbs have not blown

behind the LCD screen, or if it is not that then there could be some loose wire behind it.

Check this before spending money to buy a new one. If youd like, I could explain how to remove

it, as ive done it before on mine.