Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

m20b25 fuel pressure

hey guys. sorry about all the posts. so im working through my problem the fuel pump wasnt going so i rewired it. then it went but was flooding the engine so it wouldnt start. i managed to switch the fuel pump on for a few seconds before i cranked it then turned it off and the car would start but as soon as i turned it back on it would drown the engine and die. i pulled the injector rail out and cranked it over. good news. the injectors arnt staying open and they have a good spray....... so the only thing i can think of it being now is the pressure regulator is not working correctly and just holding to high a pressure. agree?

Try replacing it, its pretty easy to replace. Or pull the vacuum line off that goes to the FPR, and see if theres petrol in there. If there is the diaphram in the FPR is stuffed.

na its not the fpr as wen the engine is cranking theres going to be no vacume. the problem is something around the ecu. the earth wire from the low side of the fp relay goes to the ecu wich im asuming breaks and connects the earth to controll when the fuel pump is switched on. but for some reason it doesnt want to earth it hmmmmm