Sign in to follow this  
jpp

Loose Lowering Springs E36

Jacked up my car, and the lowering springs in there [front Kings, rear Dobi], can be moved side to side with ease, but up and down they are fine.

I was told some rubber packers would work sweet, anyone either got another idea, or know where come packers can be gained from?

Car is 318i 1994 E36 4Dr man.

Cheers.

sounds like whoever lowered it previously took out the rubber 'caps' which sit between the spring and car, a wrecker should have these look almost like a mexican sombrero. If you put these in it should fix your problem, and don't stress you don't have the wrong springs. Some people take these 'sombreros' out to make the car a little lower, should be an easy fix.

Yeah, it's strange as another mate came around and reckons [without jacking up] that the rears have been cut [as only 3 "loops" can be seen, vs. normal 5???].

I'm going to take to a suspension shop on Monday, hopefully they can sort me out properlly.

My car had no rubber thing on the rear spring locater.Just put some in and they sit in there snug as

My car had no rubber thing on the rear spring locater.Just put some in and they sit in there snug as

The rear spring should have a pigtail at each end ie. the coil should reduce diameter at the top and bottom, if you need some advice give me a call 021-378-902 or if you are in auckland bring the car to me and I can check it out for you.