Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

random wires under dash

i found a couple of random plugs under the dash. they come off the engine loom just before the ecu plug. one is a 3 pin connector and the other is a one pin connector. anyone know where they go? as i cant see anywhere for them to plug into

i found a couple of random plugs under the dash. they come off the engine loom just before the ecu plug. one is a 3 pin connector and the other is a one pin connector. anyone know where they go? as i cant see anywhere for them to plug into

A photo or description of wire and connector colours might help ??!! I think it might be time for you to invest in a workshop manual such as that published by Bently. This will contain enough info for you to troubleshoot a range of electrical issues as well as others.

Edited by ducatiss

Yea the Bentley manual i have been told also. Im currently making my wiring loom for my M50 in my E30 and there is a plug under my dash that i have to run a wire too im sure one of those two plugs are the one. Have asked on bimmerforums and r3vlimited to find out what they are for mate. Will let you know if i do find out, im pretty sure the 2 wire plug is your air conditioning one

Luke

ahh yeh thanks. i have found out what they are. one is for the aircon the other is for the temp sensor to the ecu and the other one i am not sure but i think it runs to terminal 28 on the ecu. i cannot recal properly as do not have the info infront of me. anyone got anything that tells me what is on each ecu pin? cheers

ahh yeh thanks. i have found out what they are. one is for the aircon the other is for the temp sensor to the ecu and the other one i am not sure but i think it runs to terminal 28 on the ecu. i cannot recal properly as do not have the info infront of me. anyone got anything that tells me what is on each ecu pin? cheers

So one tells the ECU how hot the car is? There should be two other wires on that harness, 3 in total. Could you find out for me if have got the info still mate? Im also after the pinouts for the E30 ecu and the E34 ecu, best bet is to buy the Bentley manual dude im not in desperate need of them as i think the car will start.

Luke