Sign in to follow this  
Simo

352i Convertible

Just a quick question, after having the shocks replaced, does the folding top need re-engagement? I went to drop the top today after having the shocks replaced a week ago, the top stopped, wouldn't open properly, could hear the motors, but nothing happening, there was no diagnostic error message either, thanks in advance. It worked fine before it went into the shop.

Edited by Simo

Just a quick question, after having the shocks replaced, does the folding top need re-engagement? I went to drop the top today after having the shocks replaced a week ago, the top stopped, wouldn't open properly, could hear the motors, but nothing happening, there was no diagnostic error message either, thanks in advance. It worked fine before it went into the shop.

Yes the top does need re-engagement, the local Auto Align Shop in Henderson did the shock replacement, and also reset the roof, many thanks to their staff, highly recommended.

T'ing the P Drifty?

Year i am lol sorry.Hope its all go now?

Year i am lol sorry.Hope its all go now?

It is going OK, after 25 years of two wheels, a convertible is great, no bike gear, I can drive in jandals, no bloody box on my head, I can actually conduct a conversation with an ever understanding misses, and you cant hear the kids whinging in the back seat about the breeze!!!!

I was talking with a mate tonight who has just taken delivery of a F40 replica with a Lexus V8 etc etc...500bhp, and the thought occurred to me.......yep could a Lexus V8 be shoe horned into a 1994 352i convertible....you might be the man to ask?

Edited by Simo

It is going OK, after 25 years of two wheels, a convertible is great, no bike gear, I can drive in jandals, no bloody box on my head, I can actually conduct a conversation with an ever understanding misses, and you cant hear the kids whinging in the back seat about the breeze!!!!

I was talking with a mate tonight who has just taken delivery of a F40 replica with a Lexus V8 etc etc...500bhp, and the thought occurred to me.......yep could a Lexus V8 be shoe horned into a 1994 352i convertible....you might be the man to ask?

haha makes a nice change then! mate the lexus v8 e36 swap has been done a few times so yes it can be done. would make for a fun car to!