Sign in to follow this  
stevebh

Brake Light Failure

Hey Guys,

Having a bit of trouble with my rear brake light on my 95 320i 4 door. From time to time I get a message on my onboard display saying "Brake Light Failure". When the message is displaying the light is out, I have checked all my bulbs and connections etc and they seem ok. Then after a day or so the message seems to disappear and the light works fine.

Sometimes I can start the car and go for a drive and the message will not display, switch it off and come back a while later and after starting the car up again the message will display.

This has been happening on and off for a while now, any ideas what could be causing this and how i can sort it out?

Cheers

Steve

There is a little switch under your brake pedal. This causes this problem, it is a cheap replacement part, just remove the old one and plug in the new one. There is a write up on here somewhere on it, and is a common problem.

Cheers

Grant

There is a little switch under your brake pedal. This causes this problem, it is a cheap replacement part, just remove the old one and plug in the new one. There is a write up on here somewhere on it, and is a common problem.

Cheers

Grant

i think that is the cause of "brake light circut" error message. i used to have this message every now and then, then one day my back right tail light stoped working, turns out one of the conections had melted. bought a new set of tail lights and havent had the message since. check the metal conections inside the lights where the bulb touches and make sure they are ok

i think that is the cause of "brake light circut" error message. i used to have this message every now and then, then one day my back right tail light stoped working, turns out one of the conections had melted. bought a new set of tail lights and havent had the message since. check the metal conections inside the lights where the bulb touches and make sure they are ok

You are absolutely correct, my mistake.

Cheers

Grant