Sign in to follow this  
steve R

shane cameron fight

anyone see the fight? BRUTAL, shane gets cut up to easily, looked good for the first few rounds. but then got a hidding. got saved by the slippery ring a few times in the 7th round. boys got alot of heart though

Hes a big fello.

Hope this doesn't stop him taking on other guys. Those brows of his are his weak spots.

Hes a true warrior, bloody hard man. The big black dude was very fit and took Shanes punches well

did anyone else think the commentators were slightly biased? sure cameron had the first couple rounds, but theres no way he would have won had he gone the distance. gotta feel for the guy, never nice seeing a dude go down like that, hes gonna be sore in the morning

I disagree. I watched the fight. He was winning on points. If he'd lasted the distance, I'd give him the win. Friday did land some super shot, but a big hit doesn't score more than a hit. And Shane landed a lot more punches.

It was a great fight. A real shame that he went down. I'd have been out in the first 10 seconds.

Good luck to him for the future.

I agree with Cain. Shane up until the 9th round had fought a much more technical fight, and landed a high number of punches, especially the left hand jab (sometimes even landing the triple jab).

Unfortunately, having both brows cut and bleeding were Shane's downfall, and ultimately cost him the fight, the poor guy was cannon fodder during that 12th round.

Friday the 13th, whilst not as proficient as Cameron, still held on, and was amazingly very strong in those final few rounds.

I enjoyed the fight, despite the result - good to see two heavyweights lasting 12 rounds, and stil throwing punches in the final round.

If Shane had lasted the 12th round, I'd have given him a points victory.

My opinion anyway....

Cheers

Grant