Sign in to follow this  
international

Is this a good quote?

Long story short, I backed into my garage door...blame the door alright?

The damage is not large in area but its so deep, it has gone through the prima and bare metel is visible...

Posted Image

Posted Image

To my surpise, it actually didnt dent which saved me the cost of panel beating...

I went to Judd & Charles Panelbeaters as recommended by OLLIE and got a quote for $220+ GST for a new coat for the whole boot and another $50+GST for removing and replacing the part boot.

I also asked about having the under sills painted, as many E36s have grey sills. I was quoted $400+GST which I thought was a pretty good deal compared to Precision AutoWerk which give me a quote of $1200 including GST.

I thought $270+GST was a reasonable price...what do you guys think?

12 year old paint. Lacquer peeling. Had the front done earlier this year. Got to have it tidy for the 25th Anniversary.

Is your paint custom or anything? If its just your bootlid get a new bootlid thats the same colour, much cheaper??? I did that on my e30 and it was the right colour and it cost me $50 and was in mint condition, give Ray a buzz, or failing that, I got my bonnet prepped, painted, etc etc for $200 inc GST at a panel beater in Glen Eden, if you hunt around you could get the quote down, but otherwise I think its pretty reasonable, my 2 cents.

The price sounds reasonable. Could probably remove and reinstall the bootlid yourself pretty easily and save the $50 +GST.

yes forgot to mention that, my panel beater wanted $50 for removing tail lights lol, so just pull it off round the corner and put it back on once their done,

Is your paint custom or anything? If its just your bootlid get a new bootlid thats the same colour, much cheaper??? I did that on my e30 and it was the right colour and it cost me $50 and was in mint condition, give Ray a buzz, or failing that, I got my bonnet prepped, painted, etc etc for $200 inc GST at a panel beater in Glen Eden, if you hunt around you could get the quote down, but otherwise I think its pretty reasonable, my 2 cents.

It is not custom paint but a rather rare colour...I have already called Ray to see if he had any boot that is the same colour to my boot, but no luck. I have only ever seen two other ones of the same colour to mine. Thanks for your help mate...

Hey guys...

i have a similar issue...

I have a black E36 bmw coupe and the boot lid has the original spoiler that comes with the car.. instead of removing it and getting it re-painted, thought it would be cheaper to buy or swap my current boot lid with someone with a black bmw E36 coupe...

I'm quite new to this forums so who is this RAY person that you guys were talking about - sounds like he's the man to go to for this kinda thing...

please let me know.... much appreciated

His name on here is HELLBM

or ring him on 0212HELLBM

and yes,he is pretty much the man.