Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Brake light circuit failure ... now car won't start

Just got back from Taupo ... pulled up turned car off, went to go out again just now and it won't start, OBC says the above, but should that kind of failure stop the car from starting?

When I turn the key it clicks a few times under the bonnet like its trying, but nothing happens.

Any advice would be cool ... thanks guys

I have read about the switch replacement under the dash for the brakes ... but surely this type of failure would not stop the car from starting?

when you go to start it does the starter do anything or make any kind of noise? and can you crash start it?

the only way they would be related is if the brakeligh wire managed to short with the starter moter under the dash and burn it out

when you go to start it does the starter do anything or make any kind of noise? and can you crash start it?

the only way they would be related is if the brakeligh wire managed to short with the starter moter under the dash and burn it out

the starter just clicks serveral times at once then stops.

cant crash (push?) start cause its an auto :(

im so glad I didnt turn the car off when we made a couple of stops coming back otherwise I would be f**ked.

I just tried to start it again, didn't work.

Although I have noticed that the wipers do 3-4 revolutions when I turn the key right around.. and the warning beep that alarms of no seatbelt goes nuts - even though I plugged the belts in to get rid of the sound while I've been playing around :/

battery has left this world, (one option) my car did VERY weird things once, I got to work, tried to leave and same sort of thing, and the horn did funny things, the lights were weird everything went nuts, so I bought a new battery, voila, good as new. The weirdest thing was that it was starting fine and everything, and then all of a sudden it didnt work.

Well after I calmed down a bit, Sunday morning changed to fuses relating to lights and now its working sweet as, what a weird situation that was.  Thanks for the input guys.

Well after I calmed down a bit, Sunday morning changed to fuses relating to lights and now its working sweet as, what a weird situation that was.  Thanks for the input guys.

Very much doubt that fuse is of realivance to the clicking - would say that is an intermittent bad battery terminal connection - check for bad connection between inside of terminals & battery posts

Very much doubt that fuse is of realivance to the clicking - would say that is an intermittent bad battery terminal connection - check for bad connection between inside of terminals & battery posts

yeah id agree, i had the same problem turned out to be a faulty battery.