Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Service Lights

So, When I got my car no service lights lit up. It didnt bother me at all until I was curious why they didnt. So I took out the gauge cluster and had a look and saw there was no LED light board where it should be. I sourced the right part eventually that fitted (There are two different kinds that I know of)

I put it back in a then found it still didnt work.

I am now on a mission to make them work. Looking at my Si battery board the batteries have a lot of white powdery build up on the ends and by looking at the circut board it looks like there has been battery acid leaking over it.

What I am wanting to know is if it is a case of just gettng a new Si board that works could cure the service lights?

Becasue as far as I know the Si board batteriespower most of the things on the dash and they all work fine except for the fuel gauge which is intermittent with showing me false readings, usually saying the tank is full and getting my hopes up for a second until I remember.

So if anyone knows if changing the battery board will solve my problems or if you have a Si board that fits that I can buy from you let me know!!

My gauses are Motometer as apposed to VDO which I belive have different pin connections

as the VDO pin connection for the Si borad is like this at the back

| | | | | - | | | | | | | | | | | | |

And the motometer is roughly like this:

| | | | | - - - - - -| | | | | | | |

Or perhaps it would just be easier to get a whole new gauge cluster as long as I can change the odometer reading to match what it actually is already

Edited by RJS