Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

WTB Mountain bike

Guest 540Si

Hey gang

I just know that somewhere out there someone must have a gucci mountain bike that they need to admit they never ride. You bought it or your folks did because it was cool to have and everyone was doing it - front shocks, disc brakes, all the flashy bits (spokey dokeys ;) Show your age if you remember those!) Now it sits around not getting used because:

- you got your license

- you spend all your time and money fixing your E30

- you can't help driving your 540 like gas was 0.40c a litre and all the speed limits are in mph

- saving up for chromies :)

- got 2 sprained wrists from hacksawing your springs

I'm not here to judge! I just want to buy a decent, alloy framed mens bike - 19" or thereabouts, front shocks, pref disc brakes. Am willing to pay reasonable money for a good one.

Sold my bike last week and need another so I can go back to bashing the hills round Hawkes Bay - and do the old wobbly two-wheel wine tour ;)

Help a brother out!

Si

P.S. If you're in Gore for instance (apart from the fact I'd probably have to buy a new seat) delivery may make me buying from you fairly impractical

hmm how much do you want to spend im considering getting rid of mine... 2007 avanti hammer size M

avantibikes.com

just read you want 19" this is a compact frame and about 17" so probably not quite what your after!

Edited by Chris C

how tall are you? i am 5'10" and mine fits well

heres the link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=128689625

if your keen, PM me and we can talk price

Nice DMR, Im sure Gus knows his stuff but im fairly clued up as far as mtb goes too.

If you want any advice let me know, www.vorb.org.nz is also a good place, im on there as keeweenz :)

Im not selling my Azonic, its my baby :unsure:

Guest 540Si

how tall are you? i am 5'10" and mine fits well

heres the link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=128689625

if your keen, PM me and we can talk price

Mate I can't buy that! It's touching a Merc!!!

But seriously Gus, thanks for fwding the link. To be honest it's a lot more bike than I need, and certainly out of my budget at this stage.

But appreciate the opportunity all the same. Oh and I'm 6'1" - the size would have been perfect I reckon

Ta

Si

Guest 540Si

hmm how much do you want to spend im considering getting rid of mine... 2007 avanti hammer size M

avantibikes.com

just read you want 19" this is a compact frame and about 17" so probably not quite what your after!

That might have been a go except yeah, a little on the small side

Cheers all the same

Guest 540Si

Nice DMR, Im sure Gus knows his stuff but im fairly clued up as far as mtb goes too.

If you want any advice let me know, www.vorb.org.nz is also a good place, im on there as keeweenz :)

Im not selling my Azonic, its my baby :unsure:

Thanks for that - I might hit you guys up for some expert testimony if I narrow down my options

Cheers

DMRs hot. I just sold my Kona Stuff (regret regret), I'm also keeping a keen eye on Trademe too...

DMRs hot. I just sold my Kona Stuff (regret regret), I'm also keeping a keen eye on Trademe too...

+1 on the DMR i bought a switchback frame and built it up, best thing i ever did as far as fun on two wheels.

Cheers guys, DMR is great, i seriously like that bike. its just kinda hard to use from the UK

and i use my roadie more when im home anyway

working at a bike shop worked well! let me know if you guys want any info

6'1" would be perfect for that frame...im not supposed to be riding it that big but i really like it, it works well

if your looking for a bike, often getting from a decent bike shop might cost a little more but build up a relationship and they will always be happy to help you out. I worked at Hedgehog (wearing my old shirt right now haha) and was pretty impressed compared to the usual Barrys Pt Rd offerings

Cheers guys, DMR is great, i seriously like that bike. its just kinda hard to use from the UK

and i use my roadie more when im home anyway

working at a bike shop worked well! let me know if you guys want any info

6'1" would be perfect for that frame...im not supposed to be riding it that big but i really like it, it works well

if your looking for a bike, often getting from a decent bike shop might cost a little more but build up a relationship and they will always be happy to help you out. I worked at Hedgehog (wearing my old shirt right now haha) and was pretty impressed compared to the usual Barrys Pt Rd offerings

Word is that Bike Barn sell better bikes or something? Heh.

Please define a "better bike" <_<

I was working for Bike Barn when Gus was working for Hedgehog.

The mtb industry is rather competitive, however, the workers aren't, and we have both since quit :)

In other words, theres a bike out there for everyone, taking into account their wallet size, human size, ball size and belly size.

Edited by JP