Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Service history

Hey all, after a bit of advice, I have a fairly decent service history on my e30, but as soon as I bought it it has gone through alot of changes, and I have done things myself, have mechanics and panel beaters as friends, so can do cash deals with them, this means no invoices or receipts for alot of the work done, if in the event I want to re-sell my e30 sometime, i'd like to have a service history, but how should I do it?? Just write down what gets done?? Thats not exactly very authentic, and also, what will people who arent bimmersport members say when i've done alot of the work myself ie manual conversion.

So, do any of you write up your own history or just leave it?? Or what do you do?

Cheers.

if i do say an oil change I fill in the service book just like a "garage" would.Keep any receits for oil etc so you have some prrof on the wrk you are claiming....but yeah,record it somehow,ypu can buy "log Books" at bookshops,but obviosly a notebook can do the same job

If I know the previous owner has done an oil change I put their name in the service book like a garage. Or I ask the previous owner where he got his car serviced...then I go along and ask for the garage to print out all the old service receipts and/or stamp the book.

However, I normally start a folder and keep ALL paperwork, receipts, WOF, Service receipts, parts and even the old car tax..... makes it really easy to sell the car later on.

I also usually go buy an official service book from BMW and ensure this is kept upto date.

i do all of my own servicing - so i grab a bit of paper for each service and write down what i do. sign it and date it and add mileage etc. when you sell it not everyone looks at it, but it sure adds up when you add in all the wofs. If they're a bit of a geek like me, the conversation will soon get round to what happened here and what did you do to fix this, and the buyer soon picks up on your honesty - which is after all, what you're trying to convey. Some people have no clue what servicing is, so don't even show your history unless they ask.