Sign in to follow this  
Markq

Not that its raining BUT.....My sunroof wont shut!!!

Would this be a fuse or a motor. Its been working fine, no probs at all, then tonight...........it just wont respond.

Any ideas?????

Hey Mark, my car didn't have a sunroof so don't know much but just to throw some ideas out there:

Perhaps the sunroof and the windows use the same fuse? And is there a switch in your car that de-activates all the windows, if so maybe it works for the sunroof too.

Chances are if the fuse blew in the first place, the motor is drawing too much power which may means it's on it's way out.

I wound it down manually and now it seems to work again????????????????????? Ah well, enjoy while it lasts.

Seems to have a few quirks. Sometimes (rarely) it just doesn't start. So I pull off the panel where all the ignition wiring is, poke and squeeze it a bit, and hey presto, it starts.................MAGIC.

cheers

PS: did you get the 3??

sounds like it could be the "fusible link"They get a crack in them and cant flow high currents intermittently.One of the failure modes is windows and sunroof...look on e34 .net

Good to hear it's sorted. Might be a good idea not to open it anymore... or if you do, keep a golf umbrella in the car! The umbrella sunroof works well :P

Didn't get the 3, ended up buying a cheap car to get me from A to B for the foreseeable future.