Sign in to follow this  
320det

E30 Powersteering!please help..

Hey there, am still running the factory bmw power steering pump and what not off my rb20det. Was giving me grief and so have decided to remove it all together. I have felt what the steering is like without it and is stiff but not TOO bad so what i was wondering from someone is whether the e30 steering rack actually needs fluid pumped through it. e.g. will it shag out if lines and pump is removed. if so what other alternatives are there, otherwise i will suss out my current system to be a bit better.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

for those that are interested car is running mint got all the fueling sussed now for a wee bit more boost then will be on the dyno. am hoping for 160-170kw or more at 10-12pound but not to sure how we will go!

Hi, we run one of our race e30's with the power steering lines cut and plugged and the system is dry, been like it for a year now and no problems, just like a manual rack. Your other option is to put a manual rack in it I guess.

Edited by Silver Fox

Thanks for that mate, thought that would be the case. cheers

Hi, we run one of our race e30's with the power steering lines cut and plugged and the system is dry, been like it for a year now and no problems, just like a manual rack. Your other option is to put a manual rack in it I guess.