Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Brackets to mount a roof box to BMW roof racks

Hi All

I have OEM BMW roofracks for my E36 that I use from time to time. I just purchased a 2nd hand large roofbox that I will use from time to time. However the brackets that attach the roofbox are too short.

I have attached a picture of one of the 4 brackets. These loop under the roof racks and then screw to the inside of the roof box. The brackets are 7cm wide by 5cm high. However, to fit under the BMW roof racks and then have enough thread to attach the screw nut I need the brackets to be 7cm's high as well.

Can someone recommend, in Auckland (preferably not on the shore, or south of Manukau, where I can either get new brackets made to the right size, or buy some that are the right size. I assume that I can likely get some kind of off the shelf bracket, or U shaped bolt that will work.

Cheers

Grant

post-43-1197447265_thumb.jpg

I got the perfect size U bolts from Mitre 10, four of them for less than $10 (and the thread size is exactly the same so can even re-use the original thumb nuts.

Cheers

Grant