Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Clutch question

Hey all, since I did my manual conversion I havent had a single problem, except a slight squeeking noise coming from my clutch area/lines I suspect there is air in the lines as it feels slightly spongy in the pedal, am I correct in saying this??? And also it still engadges, drives, like a dream so no problems there, is there much to be worried about? No slippage or anything, will get round to bleeding clutch sometime soon, but nothing big to worry bout?

Cheers.

Alex.

I think its coming from the slave cylinder, and to add to that, i havent re-bled the clutch since the conversion which I should do,

I think its coming from the slave cylinder, and to add to that, i havent re-bled the clutch since the conversion which I should do,

Air wouldnt normally make a noise but would be spoungy or stick to the floor did you lube the fork\thrust bearing slide before you put it in? and use old or new hydrolic parts? if they had been laying around for a while with no fluid in them the seals may be stuffed you can either get a reco seal kit or just by a whole new cylinder but try bleeding it first and see what happens could be a cheap fix :rolleyes:

Cheers, used old stuff but it was only sitting for about 2 or 3 weeks as it came out of a friends car, will bleed soon, replacing alot of stuff soon so will do a general overhaul, cheers!