Sign in to follow this  
bradc

The 850CSi is home

Yes your car was the only 850CSi in Technoviolet ever :) And your car has virtually just been driven out of the showroom compared to mine with 148000 miles!

I also like my 3 spoke steering wheel which is very rare, most of them had the big 4 spoke instead.

What sized tyres are you running on your M-Par's?

Penry - thanks! I've sent you a pm

Your car looks pretty good for its mileage! I'm looking forward to see it with the bumper repaired.

I'm running stock sizes on my M Parallels: 245/40ZR18 in the front and 285/35ZR18 in the rear.

Ahh yep, I wasn't sure about running 285's on the back, I was thinking 275's might be the max.

Send me an email so I've got your address so I can send you pics when the bumper has been done

Ahh yep, I wasn't sure about running 285's on the back, I was thinking 275's might be the max.

Send me an email so I've got your address so I can send you pics when the bumper has been done

Hi brad, not sure if you checked out Alpina B12 5.7 (416PS / 570nm)but it ran as follows:

FRONT: 18x9 alloys, 245/40/18 tyres

REAR: 18x10.5 alloys, 285/35/18 tyres

Would assume your beast would take the same,(buy some classic Alpina alloys)

Hi brad, not sure if you checked out Alpina B12 5.7 (416PS / 570nm)but it ran as follows:

FRONT: 18x9 alloys, 245/40/18 tyres

REAR: 18x10.5 alloys, 285/35/18 tyres

Would assume your beast would take the same,(buy some classic Alpina alloys)

Here is the Alpina Registry Link if anyone is interested, check out the Sultans B12!!

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/B12/5.7/c...992%20-%201996)

Yeah I know about the Sultan's B12, nice car :) The tyre size thing I was talking about was actually referring to the 285/35/18's possibly being too wide for 18x9.5" wheels, but obviously they are ok as Alex is running them. There are a few E31's out there with 10.5" or wider rear wheels with 305's or wider on them, it would appear there is a ton of room under the arches.

I like the design of the spokes on the Alpina's, but not the big centre cap. I quite like their design of wheel that has got 5 groups of 4 parallel spokes, those are quite nice.

Ideally it'd be either M-Par's or M6 wheels, just need to find some :)

Yeah I know about the Sultan's B12, nice car :) The tyre size thing I was talking about was actually referring to the 285/35/18's possibly being too wide for 18x9.5" wheels, but obviously they are ok as Alex is running them. There are a few E31's out there with 10.5" or wider rear wheels with 305's or wider on them, it would appear there is a ton of room under the arches.

I like the design of the spokes on the Alpina's, but not the big centre cap. I quite like their design of wheel that has got 5 groups of 4 parallel spokes, those are quite nice.

Ideally it'd be either M-Par's or M6 wheels, just need to find some :)

Any idea when your 850csi will be ready for shows etc?

Maybe you could buy the ex sultans car as well???

It will probably make it's first club meeting in about 2-3 months. The first thing is getting the bumper repaired so it can be legal, then I've got to sort out what I'm going to do with the wheels and tyres.

As for the Sultans car, I'd love it, but it was for sale about 2 years ago for well over 40000 pounds, I can't remember the exact amount now! I can't afford that! I'd prefer to spend $10k on the 850CSi to get it in perfect condition.

nahh haven't got the bumper back from exclusive panel and paint yet. Once I get it back I'll get it complied and on the road.